A city chick trying to keep her creative side alive! "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." - Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Back at it

After a 17 month hiatus due to graduate school and laziness... wait for it...
The sewing machine was brought back out!
Partly under pressure from PatrickinPortland in order to fix something for him, and partly out of a craving to do something creative, I drug the machine down off the shelf, dusted it off and set out to remind myself how to use it. The methodical sound of the stitching was, in a way, soothing as I set out to make one of the few things I know how: an apron.
I think I'll finally keep this one. It goes against my nature of wanting to share them, but seeing as this was my first one in a while and it's not quite perfect... I can't stand to give it away. I'm working on another one now with... get this... a pattern! I've never used one of those things before! I don't cut in straight lines so, we'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google