A city chick trying to keep her creative side alive! "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." - Pablo Picasso

Friday, March 21, 2008

First Name Basis

So... this guy is in town this week:
I got sent to cover his arrival at the famous Benson Hotel in downtown Portland.
Total chaos, barely made there in time to get set-up.
He steps out of his super-sized SUV and is on a cell phone.
I have a dilemma:
I have to shout a question at him, but I don't want to be rude and interrupt.
I've only got a matter of seconds before he goes in.
So... I go for it and this is how it went:
"Welcome to Portland BARACK!" I shout across the street.
"Good to be here," he courteously says back.
"Would you like to come over and talk with us tonight?"
"Not tonight, but they'll be plenty of avails tomorrow."
Dissed! Not a surprise.
BUT...
I'm humiliated that I called a Senator, the man who has a 33.3% chance of being the next President, by HIS FIRST NAME ONLY!!!!!!!
I couldn't spit out "Senator Barack Obama" that fast.
You try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google